Pascoe Lane Lot 226 (1.99 acres)
- County: Costilla county, Colorado
- Subdivision: Forbes Park
- Address: Pascoe. Lot 226 Fort Garland, CO 81133
- Legal Description: F.P. UNIT A-2 BLK 6 LOT 226
- Road Access: County Maintained Dirt Road Access
- Lot Size: 1.99 acres
- Annual Taxes: $125.04
- HOA: $235 per year
- Utilities: (None Connected) Water by well, power box on the lot, most residents use septic tanks
- Zoning: Vacant/Residential
- Building Allowed: Must be a minimum of 600 square feet, please call the Planning and Zoning Department for more details on permitting and regulations (719) 937-7668
- Camping Allowed: Allowed 21 days at a time then you must vacate for 24 hours before you can stay another 21 days, or you can apply for a long term camping permit which allows 60 days at a time and can be renewed 3 times per year.
This property sits in the beautiful gated community of Forbes Park, just 13 miles east of Fort Garland. The lot is accessible from both Forbes Park Rd. as well as Pascoe Ln. The main entrance is off of Pascoe lane where the lot is flat and open and then drops off toward Forbes Park rd to give you some wonderful views of the park. The majority of Forbes Park is densely populated with a variety of aspen, limber pine, spruces and fir trees. With its mountainous terrain, forested cover, and a variety of creeks and ponds littered throughout the park, this property is truly the perfect sierra getaway. If you're an avid fisher, head over to Forbes Park Lake just 6 miles away, or Mountain Home reservoir just 20 miles away and spend the day snagging rainbow trout at the lake. If fishing isn’t your forte, spend the day enjoying the serenity of nature and the beauty of Colorado wildlife such as deer, elk, coyote, black bear, wild turkeys and porcupines wandering through the meadows. The entire county of Costilla is filled with outdoor activities. Hiking trails are scattered throughout Forbes Park, and some of the best hikes in all of Colorado are just 45 minutes to an hour away at Mt. Blanca and the Great Sand Dunes National Park (see more info on the sand dunes here: https://www.nps.gov/grsa/planyourvisit/hiking.htm). Forbes Park is pretty secluded, not many neighbors nearby so you will have plenty of privacy. However, it's also just 20 miles from the little town of Fort Garland, which has a gas station, a couple restaurants, grocery store and post office to service all your needs. The unfortunate Spring Creek fire did affect the area, and many of the trees that once shaded the beautiful trails of Forbes Park have been burned. However it is now time to look toward the future and regrowth of this area. The trees will grow back, plants will sprout, and shades of green will continue to spread throughout the park. Now is the time to snag these properties as cheap as you will ever find them, and wait for it to turn back in to the sierra getaway it once was. With flat open areas and a power box on the lot already, this property is very building friendly and is already set perfectly for you to build the cabin you've always dreamed of.
Click here to go directly to the property on google maps:
ONLY ACCEPTING CASH OFFERS FOR THIS LOT.
Life Long Land accepts payment via wire, check or debit/credit cards (3% processing fee is added to all card payments).
Doc & Closing Fees
$245 due on day of closing