Forbes Road Lot 6197
- County: Costilla county, Colorado
- Subdivision: Sangre De Cristo Ranches
- Address: Forbes Rd. Lot 6197
- Legal Description: S.D.C.R. UNIT B-3 BLK 273 Lot 6197
- Road Access: County Maintained Dirt Road Access
- Lot Size: 5.044 acres
- Annual Taxes: $135.44
- HOA: None
- Utilities: (None Connected) Water by well, power nearby, most residents use septic tanks
- Zoning: Vacant/Residential
- Building Allowed: Must be a minimum of 600 square feet, please call the Planning and Zoning Department for more details on permitting and regulations (719) 937-7668
- Camping Allowed: Allowed 14 days at a time or you can apply for a long term camping permit which allows 60 days at a time and can be renewed 3 times per year.
This 5 acre lot sits up in the SDCR mountains at the intersection of Forbes Rd. and Duarte Rd. Off of Forbes Rd., this property is beautifully covered in Aspens and Pines and slopes down in to the perfect clearing to build the cabin of your dreams, with all the privacy you could ask for. Sitting right in the heart of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range, you are surrounded by nothing but the forests of Colorado, including breath taking views of Mt. Blanca, the fourth highest summit in all of Colorado, off in the distance. Outdoor activities are incredibly easy to find in this area. Hiking trails branch out in every direction, including some of the most popular hikes like the Blanca Peak trailhead and the many different incredible hiking trails throughout the Great Sand Dunes National Park, located less than an hour north of this area. Along with hiking, biking, and backpacking this area also offers plenty of action for avid fishers or hunters. Costilla county is known for its big game hunting and both Smith Reservoir and Mountain Home Reservoir are stocked with trout and are both located just 25-30 miles north. While you will absolutely enjoy the seclusion and privacy this property offers, you do not have to worry about being too far from civilization if you simply need to make a quick trip to the store. Both San Luis (13 miles) and Fort Garland (23 miles) are both just a short drive away and offer all of the necessities you might need such a groceries, gas, restaurants, hotels, hardware stores, mail etc.
Here are the GPS Coordinates so you can look it up on Google maps/earth:
Life Long Land accepts payment via wire, check or debit/credit cards (3% processing fee is added to all card payments).
Doc & Closing Fees
$245 due on day of closing